ANNOUNCEMENT: All intensive English instructors can now access the full history of quarterly survey data from student evaluations of the teacher. Please log in to the inlingua intranet and view “My Evaluations”.
Welcome to the inlingua Instructor Information and Resources section of the inlingua Florida website. You will find important announcements and official information for instructors here. If you have any questions about this page or its contents, please contact Cynthia Cope, Director of Programs and Professional Development, at email@example.com.
Last Update: Friday, April 21, 2017
Important Documents for inlingua Instructors
All inlingua instructors should be familiar with our Instructor Handbook, entitled Information for inlingua Independent Contractor Instructors. This document contains important information, policies, procedures and guidelines for inlingua instructors. The document may be inspected in any inlingua center upon request. inlingua instructors who need a copy should contact the Department of Programs and Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructors should also be familiar with inlingua’s official language proficiency scale (the ILR scale), which is used for all inlingua oral proficiency evaluations. To view and/or download a copy of the ILR scale, click here. To view video samples of speakers rated on the ILR speaking scale, click here.
To view video samples of speakers rated on the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages), click here (please note, however, that the ILR scale and the ACTFL scale are not identical; in order to use the ACTFL information, you will need to carefully compare the ILR and ACTFL proficiency scales).
All inlingua English instructors should be familiar with CEA (the national accrediting authority recognized by the United States Department of Education that accredits inlingua Florida’s intensive English programs) and its standards for English language programs and institutions. To view or download the complete list of all CEA standards with official commentary, click here.
Upcoming Professional Development Program (PDP) Workshops
Important note: All workshops will be broadcast live to the following inlingua Centers: Aventura, Boca Raton, Doral, Orlando, Tampa and Weston. You may attend the workshop virtually in any of these locations, in addition to the location listed in the schedule. All workshops take place from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a 1-hour lunch break. Please be sure to confirm your attendance by no later than the Friday morning before the workshop.
We strongly encourage all instructors to participate in the inlingua Professional Development Program (PDP), which provides frequent five-hour continuing education seminars and workshops to inlingua instructors. All instructors may participate in the program free of charge, and instructors may receive biannual incentive payments as well as increases to their base teaching rates through their active participation in the program.
If you have any questions about the inlingua Professional Development Program (PDP), please contact Cynthia Cope, Director of Programs and Professional Development at email@example.com.
All workshops may be attended virtually in the Aventura, Boca Raton, Brickell, Doral, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa and Weston Centers, in addition to the live location listed below. Note: Due to security requirements, only instructors currently teaching in the inlingua Fort Lauderdale Center may attend a Saturday workshop in that location.
Upcoming PDP workshops (all these workshops take place from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- General Faculty Meeting: Saturday, April 29, 2017 (inlingua Aventura Center. Trainer: Cynthia Cope)
Mini-Workshops (Friday Afternoon Sessions)
Instructional Resources for the TOEFL iBT Reading and Writing Workshop (Saturday, January 28, 2017)
- Sample TOEFL iBT GPIP Pedagogical Chart – Reading and Writing 1
- Sample TOEFL iBT GPIP Pedagogical Chart – Reading and Writing 2
- Sample TOEFL iBT GPIP Pedagogical Chart – Reading and Writing 3
- inlingua Sample Writing Responses – Test 1
- inlingua Sample Writing Responses – Test 2
- inlingua Sample Writing Responses – Test 3
- inlingua Diagnostic Test and Score Report
Instructional Resources for the TOEFL iBT Courses:
- TOEFL iBT_Instructor Resources Guide_2017
- TOEFL Test Prep Planner
- Official TOEFL iBT Writing Scoring Rubrics
- Official TOEFL iBT Speaking Scoring Rubrics
- TOEFL iBT Writing Sample Responses
- Sample TOEFL iBT Private Tutorial Pedagogical Chart
General Faculty Meeting (December 17, 2016)
inlingua Teacher Awards
To visit the inlingua Teacher Awards page, click here.
Online Class Confirmation System (OCCS)
To enter the inlingua online class confirmation system (OCCS), click here. Here are some practical tips for using the system:
- Use the latest edition of Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE). The OCCS is not guaranteed to work with other web browsers.
- Make sure you confirm all of your classes by the last day of the pay period (inlingua pay periods end on the 10th and 25th of each month. Instructor checks are issued and mailed on the 15th and last day of each month).
- Disable all browser add-ons (such as Google and Yahoo! toolbars) and enable pop-up windows.
- Close all other applications while you are using the system so that you can easily find the pop-up window for entering the system.
- Add the URL (http://inlingua.dnsalias.com/) to your “trusted sites”
- Remember your username and password. For most instructors, your username is the first initial of your first name followed by your last name (example: ccope for Cynthia Cope) and your password is the last six (6) digits of your social security number.
- If all else fails, confirm your classes at one of the public computers in your nearest inlingua Language Center by the last day of the pay period.
To view frequently asked questions with answers regarding the inlingua online class confirmation system (OCCS), CLICK HERE.
Understanding inlingua’s Check Distribution Policy
All inlingua instructors should be familiar with our check distribution policy, which can be found in the front of the Instructor Handbook. Checks are issued and mailed at 3:00 p.m. on the 15th and last day of each month. However, if the 15th of the month or the last day of the month fall on the weekend or an official inlingua holiday, then special rules apply, as described in detail in the Instructor Handbook. In lieu of receiving their checks by mail, instructors may elect to pick up their checks in person at the inlingua Florida Head Office in Miami or at the inlingua center of their choice (to have your check placed on the center hold list, please contact the appropriate center director).
The following are the upcoming official check distribution dates:
- Monday, May 1, 2017
- Monday, May 15, 2017
- Wednesday, May 31, 2017
CEA Faculty Standard 1 Checklist (for GPIP and TL2 English instructors only)
- To access the CEA Faculty Standard 1 checklist, click here (note: this document is only to be used by inlingua GPIP and TL2 instructors)