Welcome to the inlingua Instructor Information and Resources section of the inlingua Florida website. You will find important announcements and official information for instructors here. If you have any questions, please contact Richard E. McDorman, Director of Programs and Professional Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Update: Friday, May 17, 2013
Important Documents for inlingua Instructors
All inlingua instructors should be familiar with our Instructor Handbook, entitled Information for inlingua Independent Contractor Instructors. This document contains important information, policies, procedures and guidelines for inlingua instructors. To view and/or download a copy, please select the version you need: (1) for instructors teaching intensive English programs (GPIP or TL2) and/or (2) for instructors teaching private and semi-private tutorials (English, foreign languages and test preparation).
Instructors should also be familiar with inlingua's official language proficiency scale (the ILR scale), which is used for all inlingua oral proficiency evaluations. To view and/or download a copy of the ILR scale, click here. To view video samples of speakers rated on the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages), click here (please note, however, that the ILR scale and the ACTFL scale are not identical; in order to use the ACTFL information, you will need to carefully compare the ILR and ACTFL proficiency scales).
Congratulations Teachers of the Month
inlingua is proud to announce that the following instructors have been named Teachers of the Month:
- Bruna Carricarte: inlingua Teacher of the Month for February 2013
- Jane King: inlingua Teacher of the Month for March 2013
- Howard Spinner: inlingua Teacher of the Month for April 2013
Upcoming Professional Development Program (PDP) Workshops
Important note: All workshops will be broadcast live to the following inlingua Centers: Aventura, Brickell, Doral, Orlando, Tampa and Weston. You may attend the workshop virtually in any of these locations, in addition to the location listed in the schedule. All workshops take place from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
We strongly encourage all instructors to participate in the inlingua Professional Development Program (PDP), which provides frequent five-hour continuing education seminars and workshops to inlingua instructors. All instructors may participate in the program free of charge, and instructors may receive biannual incentive payments as well as increases to their base teaching rates through their active participation in the program. To view or download a copy of the current PDP workshop schedule, click here.
If you have any questions about the inlingua Professional Development Program (PDP), please contact Richard McDorman, Director of Programs and Professional Development at email@example.com.
Upcoming PDP workshops include the following (all workshops take place from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.). All workshops may be attended virtually in the Aventura, Doral, Tampa and Weston Centers, in addition to the location listed below.
- Language Assessment: Saturday, May 18, 2013 (inlingua Doral Center. Trainer: Richard E. McDorman)
- Principles of Classroom Management: Saturday, June 1, 2013 (inlingua Tampa Center. Trainer: Cynthia Taggart)
- General Faculty Meeting: Saturday, June 8, 2013 (inlingua Brickell Center. Trainer: Richard E. McDorman)
- Latin for Language Instructors: Saturday, June 22, 2013 (inlingua Doral Center. Trainer: Richard E. McDorman)
- Special Topics in Second Language Acquisition: Saturday, July 6, 2013 (inlingua Aventura Center. Trainer: Richard E. McDorman)
- TOEFL iBT Test Administration and Scoring*: Saturday, July 20, 2013 (inlingua Doral Center. Trainer: Cynthia Cope)
* Due to the nature of the workshop content, this workshop is appropriate for inlingua English instructors only.
Online Class Confirmation System (OCCS)
To enter the inlingua online class confirmation system (OCCS), click here. Here are some practical tips for using the system:
- Use the latest edition of Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE). The OCCS is not guaranteed to work with other web browsers.
- Make sure you confirm all of your classes by the last day of the pay period (inlingua pay periods end on the 10th and 25th of each month. Instructor checks are issued and mailed on the 15th and last day of each month).
- Disable all browser add-ons (such as Google and Yahoo! toolbars) and enable pop-up windows.
- Close all other applications while you are using the system so that you can easily find the pop-up window for entering the system.
- Add the URL (http://inlingua.dnsalias.com/) to your "trusted sites"
- Remember your username and password. For most instructors, your username is the first initial of your first name followed by your last name (example: rmcdorman for Richard McDorman) and your password is the last six (6) digits of your social security number.
- If all else fails, confirm your classes at one of the public computers in your nearest inlingua Language Center by the last day of the pay period.